Wednesday 6 December 2017

Fashion: Petite...Really?

Image result for petite meaning

I am 5ft tall..yes! tall, and curvy...I have lost count the amount of times I have tried on "Petite" range items which make me look like I am wearing my 12 year old nephews clothes...and not in a good way!

Image result for trousers too short

For the life of me I cannot understand why the fashion industry haven't caught on to the fact that not all petite women are thin or slim.

I don't fit into plus size and "Average" ranges are either too long or  knees and elbows are in the wrong place and look ridiculous.
I am sure I am not the only one who comes into this category...

Image result for petite meaning

Having curves makes a huge difference to the make, cut and fabric of "petite" items.
My butt can makes trousers shorter and my waist is always left out in the cold by the huge waist gap I have when going up a size in jeans...just so they can go over my bum!
Sleeves are always wet as "Average" range items are too long and "petite" ranges do not go over my bust...
Related image

Come on...where are the curvy petite brands/designers/manufacturers?

If you know any...please let me know.

In the meantime I'll live in hope that some day...somewhere, someone will make clothes for the curvy petite woman!

@MsShayDivine




No comments:

Post a Comment