Wednesday 1 July 2015

Health: Chia Seeds

From @GoodnessFoods
***Chia Seeds***
 
I first heard about Chia Seeds at the Love Natural, Love Organic show in London.
At first I was sceptical as it seems like it's every other day there's a new super food claiming to be better than the last but I thought I'd give Chia Seeds a go, especially after I was given a free sample.
 
I did a bit of research and the said health benefits seem great and besides, I am sure there's no harm in being healthier...right!?!
 
Generally they're don't taste of anything when dry and are relatively inoffensive. When soaked in liquid they swell and become quite soft in texture which I didn't think I'd like but they're ok. They make a great alternative desert.
 
What are the said health benefits?
 

 
How I have started using Chia seeds in my diet...
  • Sprinkled on Salads
  • Soaked in Mango or Cranberry Juice
  • Smoothies
  • Juicing
Have you used Chia Seeds before?
We'd love to know how you got on.
 
Here's an article on Chia Seeds for further reading :-)
 
 
@MsShayDivine 

No comments:

Post a Comment