Friday 7 August 2015

Fashion: BBQ Lookbook

***BBQ Lookbook***
 
 
 
This "Summer" has been great thus far, I have been to so many picnics and BBQ sand there are still more to come.
 
I remember when I was younger going to BBQ's with my family, we always made a effort.
We never over dressed but under dressing was not an option.
 
We'd go in summer dresses and sandals, shorts and crop tops, whatever it was, we were always comfortable and I think this should be the aim for any event. Nothing worse than eating all the delicious food only to find you've popped out of your bodycon dress...(Yes, this happens!)
 
I recently went to a farewell BBQ for an Uncle who was going to elope.
I met up with my sister so we could go together.
Once we met she took one look at my outfit and ordered me to change my shoes lool I think I took the comfort thing too far as apparently ballet pumps are not appropriate BBQ footwear.
So off we went to find some wedges or sandals and my look was complete .
This day promoted the BBQ lookbook.
A comfortable, colourful look perfect for indoor or outdoor BBQ's.
 
This look is built around a fabulous orange shirt dress By River Island.
I've paired the dress with Sweet Orange Bou felt earrings and a chunky gold cuff bracelet.
To compliment the look I have added a soft beige bag or a tan coloured tassel bag (the choices are endless really).
 
For the hairspiration I would go for a loose side plait, like Ms Porsha Williams.
 
 
For make up inspiration, I would go for a light nude lip colour to finish off the whole look, something like the beautiful lupita nyong'o.
 
 
Enjoy x
 
@MsShayDivine

Dress
 
Sandals
 
Beige Bag
 
Earrings & Cuff bangle

No comments:

Post a Comment