Wednesday 29 June 2016

Events: Brandy Norwood Live @Indigo O2 London, UK

  
From the 1st time I heard “I wanna be down” back in 1994 (Age 11) I was hooked on the effortless, unmistakable sound and classic style that is Brandy Norwood. #HUGEFAN!

When a good friend invited me to go see her live in concert…I lost my mind and screamed YaaaaSSSSS!!!!, on a packed train to work. Needless to say London commuters were not amused, I didn’t care and did a little happy dance!

 

After what seemed like weeks of anticipation, we finally arrived at the O2 arena and the excitement was contagious!
We queued for a while and this was a rare instance where I really didn’t mind queuing….I was about to see one of my all-time favorite artists (and people) LIVE IN CONCERT!

After a few supporting acts and a R&B throwback session from the Dj’s (#insane), the show started with Brandy in full statuesque performance mode while the musicians started the show!
Brandy looked stunning, sexy yet classy, sporting the classic Brandy braids and that winning smile!



She sang her first word, that was it for me. I got goosebumps and instantly started screaming and dancing…it was officially over, I was stupid gone!
The whole Indigo O2 arena erupted in excitement! Everyone was up out of their seats and fully hyped!

The vibe was electrifying and I was in awe of how humble and beautiful Brandy seems, not only as an artists but as a person.
We were transported through time with classics from all 6 of Brandy’s legendary albums.




      


















































Brandy was absolutely incredible!!! Poised, funny, personable and vocally ON POINT!

Towards the end of the show Brandy did an amazing Whitney Huston tribute, sporting the classic 80's Whitney Huston bow. 



This was when I got emotional and felt a lump in my throat as I sang along to Whitney's classic hit 'Shoop'
Miss her, rest in perfect peace beautiful :-(



I have so much love & respect for Brandy as a woman, artists and mother, always have!
This performance has to be the best I have seen in a really long time.
I now can’t speak but I really do not care…I will never forget this experience.
Seeing one of my adolescent she-roes in concert has to be one of the best experiences of my life….

Absolutely incredible, so happy!

@MsShayDivine

No comments:

Post a Comment