Wednesday 8 June 2016

TV: The Truth About Healthy Eating (BBC 1)

Last night I had every intention of watching a movie and snuggling up with my 'Chaale' (Monkey teddy bear) but there was nothing to my liking so I began channel flipping.

I came across the BBC 1' documentary 'The truth about healthy eating' and I am very happy to have caught it. 


Hosted by the lovely Fiona Phillips, the show investigates all our health fads, claims and products.

I was surprised as to how much I already knew but very pleased to learn new information about our food and drink.


One of the topics covered was about healthy breakfasts and what keeps us fuller for longer.

The three options were...


  1. Bacon and eggs (Grilled/boiled)
  2. Yogurt & Banana
  3. Cereal

If like me you thought it was number 2 or 3 you are also wrong!
The study on the show found that eating bacon and eggs kept the test subjects fuller for longer.

Why?

Because of the high protein content in option 1.
Of course we're all different and results may vary from person to person but this morning (08:30) I had a protein rich breakfast and I must say, compared to my usual oats and berries breakfast I am not reaching for any snacks and it's well after 11:00. 
By now I would of at least had some fruit but no, I think I am OK till lunch time (13:00).

So...what was my protein rich breakfast?

x2 fried egg & Honey Salmon flakes


Image for Sainsbury's Honey Roast Salmon Flakes 120g from Sainsbury's

According to the documentary, frying eggs is healthier than scrambled eggs with butter. This is said to be because when you fry an egg, the egg does not absorb the oil. (Who knew?)

I really enjoyed this documentary...Check it out at the link below.

Enjoy x

@MsShayDivine


http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b07dxmyk/the-truth-about-9-healthy-eating




No comments:

Post a Comment