Friday 10 June 2016

Travel: Marrakesh 2016


#INCREDIBLE

So I am not the best airline passenger. I'm impatient and miserable due to lack of space and consideration from other passengers.
#Knowthyself #Lovethyself
-Note to self...upgrade flights!

Anyway the flight was uncomfortable and as soon as we arrive at Marrakesh airport we're greeted by queue after queue and this does absolutely nothing for my already sour mood...


#LONG!

After what seems like hours and many temper tantrums we finally get to collect our luggage and go to look for our transfer company.

As soon as I felt the Moroccan sun my mood is instantly lifted and I became my bubbly self again...YAY!

We hopped in out transfer car and made our way to our hotel.

We arrived at Kenzi Club Agdal Medina


The hotel was absolutely beautiful and I was very happy to be in Marrakesh!
I had always wanted to go and it finally happened!


*Me with the hotel band*

Every day the hotel provided treats at reception. 
I felt like a big kid, excited as to what I'd find.


Our 1st night we decided to enjoy the hotel entertainment and get a few drinks by the pool.
My girl Micky had drawn up an itinerary for us as we only had 5days to squeeze in all we wanted to experience.

Day 1- We booked a tour guide to take us to the souks and show us some of the culture in Marrakesh.
It was brilliant, we learnt about the skills and trade of the locals and even picked up some shopping hints and tips!

#TIP Do not shop if you have no backbone, some of these sellers are relentless!

We learnt how leather merchandise are made, locksmithing and argan oil production.
Very interesting!








Day 2- We decided to visit the YSL memorial gardens and the observatory gardens.
Both were so beautiful, I felt very peaceful in the YSLgardens.
After the gardens we went on a horse and carriage ride around the town, which was also really nice!











http://jardinmajorelle.com/ang/visiting-the-garden/

Day 3- We booked a dinner in the desert experience which was one of the most incredible experiences ever.
We were dressed in traditional Moroccan attire, adorned in henna and treated to a belly dancing show, of which I decided to join in lool 

After the show we had dinner and shisha and as the sun went down the whole thing had me in awe of the stars as they covered the desert like a blanket.
So beautiful!












Day 4- We decided to get some spa treatments before we headed home.
I went for a traditional hammam.
So relaxing, absolute bliss!


 




On our last day we decided to soak up some serious vitamin D and sit by the pool/bar. This also happened to be the one day I didn't wear sun screen (forgot). I got so burnt I almost didn't recognise myself in the mirror but I love my dark chocolate tan. I now need to re-assess my summer lipsticks as some look quite strange on me now lol

The food was perfect for my diet (pescatarian)
There was always a nice mix of fresh fruit and veg and as you would expect the humble tagine!
I became obsessed with Moroccan tea and really miss out tea man!






All in all I loved Marrakesh and would definitely go back!



Image result for Hammam kenzi club agdal


@MsShayDivine










1 comment: