Wednesday 10 December 2014

Event Review: Musicalize 2014 At IndigO2, Greenwhich

Yesterday my cousin and I took the opportunity to head down to he Musicalize website launch held at the IndigO2, Greenwhich where the headlining act was DJ Snoopadelic aka Snoop Dogg aka Snoop Lion aka whatever he felt like that morning. 
There were two cool up and coming artists; Tiny K and KayDoggz, who won the chance to perform, and did well to warm up the crowd for what was to follow.
First up out of the well known UK artists in attendance, was Scorcher (who also played Kamale in Top Boy) and though I'm not too familiar with his music his set was good...until he brought two other artists on stage making me zone out until they were done.
Next up, was fellow South East Londoner Stormzy, who I've heard a little about and saw live a few years ago. His set was good and very energetic so I can safely say he definitely has a few big things coming his way in future. 
Following him, (the one i was really waiting for) was Ghetts who was and always is amazing. From his live band - which I believe his brother plays the Keys in - to his lighting effects and overall energy on stage. He also had some of his boys come on stage and throw out copies of his new mixtape 'Momentum 2' but I DIDN'T get one :'( and I'm not happy!
Closing out the UK segment of the show was Chip (formally known as Chipmunk). Though we haven't heard much from him since he released his mixtape 'London Boy' and signing to TI's Hustle Gang label in America, I know he'll be back with a bang because he's always cooking up something new in the studio.
Finally came the time for the man of the hour - DJ Snoopadelic. He came out and rapped along a little bit to 'Next Episode' in usual fashion rocking a red fur jacket with the mandatory joint, (yes they let him smoke in the building as it was probably a condition of his attendance I'm sure!) and did exactly what he came to do: be a "Press Play DJ". Playing some of the latest tracks mixed in with the old, Snoop definitely created a good atmosphere, simply for being the Legend we all know and love for his music. I am afraid to say however, we did leave him on the stage partly to avoid the rush leaving the O2 and also because there were only so many songs we could listen to in their entirety.
All in all it was a good night. I'm glad I got to see some UK talent - Ghetts in particular - and Snoop in the flesh because I like him and he is Legendary...for more than one thing lol.

From Micky With Love

x

No comments:

Post a Comment