Tuesday 20 January 2015

Health: Meditation

 I am not a religious person but I feel I can relate to a lot of religions lifestyle practises which are good for mental,physical and emotional health and well being.
I recently downloaded a new app 'Buddhist Meditation Training' for my android phone to help me meditate and the darn thing even tells me when to meditate...lool but so far I like it.
 Meditation is a lot harder than you would think. Clearing the mind &/or focusing your attention inwards isn't a simple as sitting with your legs crossed saying 'OM'. It's far deeper than I ever imagined but I am so glad I am finally getting into it.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0066/2802/files/MeaningOfOm.jpg?13680
[Source-blog.sivanaspirit.com]


So far, I am able to sit in complete stillness for about 3mins before my mind starts to wonder or my fingers start to twitch because they're so used to being busy but I don't get upset, I acknowledge than my mind has wondered and gently ease my way back to the meditative state I was in.
I also found I was a lot calmer and sleep so much better and I know that over time more and more will improve.
I am definitely hooked!

What Is Meditation?
Meditation is a means of transforming the mind through sounds, images, thoughts, words and/or feelings.
There are various practises in meditation and I feel the best way to achieve the best results for you is to find a method which you like and go with it.


What Are Some Of The Benefits Of Meditation?
 
 [Source-charmedyoga.com/]

Peace, Joy and Love always, Shay x

No comments:

Post a Comment