Saturday 11 January 2014

Health & Beauty: Homemade Hair Gel


I am following a youtube page titled napturals85 which I think is great. There is a video on making hair gel from flaxseeds (also known as linseeds). I've been eating flaxseeds for years as they are a rich source of micronutrients, dietary fiber, manganese, vitamin B1, and the essential fatty omega-3.

I decided to try this idea on my natural hair as I much prefer natural products but also because I know exactly what is in it. Napturals85 video recipe is simple, quick and easy.

I made my first batch of homemade hair gel and added a 2teaspoons of caster oil - to seal moisture and soften my hair, as well as a few drops of my favourite essential oils such as lavender oil-to soothe my scalp and coconut oil-to nourish and condition.

Once the ingredients were mixed together I was amazed at how such simple ingredients could produce a thick and gloopy texture which was a perfect gel like consistency and I do not mean like that horrible hair gel 'Jam' lol I mean a water based gel that is quick, natural and inexpensive to make....Thank you Ms Napturals85.


Why not try it yourself....

Stay Beautiful

  Shay x

No comments:

Post a Comment