Monday 2 June 2014

Film: 'Belle'


Since I was a child, my parents have owned a book entitled 'The History Of Blacks In Britain' and on the cover is this very portrait;


Aside from the fact that Belle was a very Beautiful young woman, I was always intrigued as to what her real story was and what may have happened to her considering, that even back then (in my childhood), the book was already quite old, and aside from a few vague paragraphs, there really wasn't that much information documented about Belle after the mention of her marriage.

Fast forward to present day, and not even I could have predicted a full length feature about her life!

After creating a positive buzz since it was announced almost a year ago, and getting a positive reception in both the USA & Canada, 'Belle' will finally be released for us on the 13th June and I for one cannot wait to see how Amma Asante & Co. have brought such a deserving story to the World's attention.

To watch the trailer and for more information regarding the Synopsis & Cast head on over to the offical movie website; BelleTheMovie.com


No comments:

Post a Comment