Tuesday 3 June 2014

New Music: Jagged Edge - 'Hope'

Set to release their eighth studio album 'J.E. Heartbreak Too' this autumn (which is also the sequel to their 'JE Heartbreak' album released back in 2000), multi-platinum selling R&B group Jagged Edge are finally back together after an extended hiatus with the album’s 1st official single, 'Hope'.

Premiering on Vibe.com on 30th May, 'Hope' was written by twins Brian and Brandon Casey with long time collaborator, friend and producer Brian Michael Cox;


 Upon first hearing 'Hope', I got a tear in my eye - AGAIN (I don't know what's up with me. Maybe I'm just an emotional being who loves good music) because Lawd when I tell you this song gave me hope that real R&B Music still exists/is coming back, I am not lying!

The vocals, the melodies, the harmonies, the lyrics. Man, it's like they never left. You know that's a good sign when talented singers look after and retain their vocals over time and as I like to have the albums I really like on CD, I know I will be right down at the music store to cop me the physical disc when the album comes out later this year.

Welcome back JE, it's like you never left.

From Micky with Love

x

No comments:

Post a Comment