Thursday 10 April 2014

Event Review: London Book Fair

At my 9-5 job, we were given tickets to attend the yearly book fair at London's Earls Court which is a trade fair for everything book related from publishing to distribution.

 Honestly the hall was not very organised and personally I feel there were far too many exhibitors, making it feel like information overload;


I went with the sole purpose of finding mind, body and spirit books as well as African culture books.

I asked various staff if there were any African book stands or departments and no one seemed to know for sure if there was one, however there were loads of books stalls for China, India and various others places.

After what seemed like hours I found a very small stall way at the back of the hall, almost in the middle of nowhere.
All I could think was "Why am I not surprised?". This tiny little stall was called "African Books Collective"


There may have been others but I didn't find any, which was a shame, although the one's I did locate were some great mind, body and spirit companies....

Deep Books Ltd
One World Publications
Hay House Publishers

 Overall, would I go to the London book fair again?

Free ticket = Yes
Paying for entry = NAH!

Overall Rating 4/10

Shay 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment