Saturday 19 April 2014

Food Review: Kaspa's, Walworth Road

After a brilliant day at the ‘Black Market and Film Festival’ then ‘Satay Bar’ (yum) in Brixton, we headed down to Kaspa’s in Walworth road for some dessert.

I’d never heard of Kaspa’s but I am sure glad my home girls know all the great hot spots for the sweetest desserts…especially Ms. Sweet Tooth herself K.

The venue is decorated really nice, with glitter on the walls and black and pink interiors. It has a feel of a pink boudoir, which I kind of like as it feels naughty. I think it goes really well with all the naughty treats on offer!

It was the first week of opening and it was busy to say the least but, the staff did well not to keep customers waiting too long and got orders out in a timely manner. Management were on point too, as they made sure customers were instructed to wait for tables, queue separately for eat in/take away orders, and were really polite and friendly.

While waiting for a table, we took a look at the menu and there is a very large selection of ice creams, waffles, milkshakes, gelato, crepes and cakes in a range of colours and flavours.

In all honesty we were spoilt for choice…well I was anyway. Not sure if it was because I was so full from ‘Satay Bar’ or the fact I was conscious of my ‘No Cakes Challenge’ but, the menu made me feel very indecisive, I just couldn't make up my mind but, we had to order as we were next in the queue so I opted for two scoops of Hazelnut & Forrero Rocher ice creams;
It was very nice and I was very happy!

My girls on the other hand went in! No time for petting they ordered these huge, American style waffles with M&M's, butterscotch/milk chocolate/white chocolate sauce, chocolate shavings, nuts, Vanilla, Hazelnut and Bubblegum ice cream. I was in awe! Kind of wished I could eat like that but we did just have an amazing meal at Satay so I didn’t feel a way for long lool! 

Regardless, I couldn't stop staring at the size of their waffles and all the sweet sticky toppings;
We all enjoyed our desserts though and let’s just say both Micky & K were left in happy food comas lool

For all you sweet lovers out there, Kaspa’s is definitely the place for you. There is a large counter filled to the brim with a large number of flavoured ice creams and cakes as soon as you walk in so bring your napkins becasue you will be salivating!

Just don’t tell your dentist you heard about it from us! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment