Tuesday 29 July 2014

Hair: Children's Hairstyles

(Simple, loose afro puff...why not!)
As a child my mum took very good care of my hair. Her and my Nan are probably the reason I am blessed with the mane I have today...Thanks :-)
I had bedtime plats (large plats of 4 or 6), cornrow/cainrow, single plats, twists or my afro and that was it.
There were special occasions where I was aloud to have bobbles and pretty clips but not all the time and at the end of every evening I was sent to bed with my head scarf...NO MESSING!
When I look around at today's children I am shocked and sometimes appalled by the lack of care and attention they, and their parents, give to their hair.
I have seen school children with full heads of weave, braids so tight they have no hairline, patches, pony's pieces, bonding the works and I think it's sad as these same children will grow up not having a clue as to maintain their own hair...well that is left of it.
So with all that being said here are a few styles for little girls with afro hair I found on Goolge, there are really no excuses :-)

Enjoy!

Shay x

No comments:

Post a Comment