Friday 25 July 2014

New Music: Tameka 'Tiny' Harris - 'What The F@#k You Gon Do?' & T.I. Feat. Victoria Monet - 'Stay'

Now some of us may know that for the best part of this year this couple have not been seeing eye to eye, and rumor has it T.I. has allegedly been stepping out on Tiny. We've even heard he allegedly fathered a child outside their marriage (but that’s none of our business). 

Now I’m not sure which came out first, nor do I care (especially not for T.I.) but I do know that on 22nd July, Tiny released her first solo single, whereas T.I's video was uploaded onto YouTube and they seem to be talking to each other and about their marital troubles through song. Tiny's single was released on her Pretty Hustle label via Grand Hustle which coincidentally is T.I.'s label (so Mr Controlling T.I. will still be cashing in on her Sales);


Now number 1 on the iTunes R&B chart, in ‘What The F@#k You Gon’ Do?’ (the Clean Version is ‘What You Gon’ Do’), Tiny repeatedly asks what T.I. gon’ do without her, but she still ain't left yet lol. In fact she’s just gone BACK (Again that’s none of our business).  

I actually like the song, not because it’s great, but because the lyrics are REAL and I’m sure many a woman can relate. The melody and beat kind of remind me of that 90’s R&B I came up on. I’m so happy to see Tiny back on the scene because 1) Xscape went HARD in the 90’s/early 00’s 2) Although she never had the strongest voice in the group, she was always my favorite and 3) She seems like an amazing woman. This release and some of her other recent business ventures MUST have been a condition of her giving TI another chance because lawd knows he seemed to shut down every other project she was about come out within the past. Let’s hope she keeps a bit of an upper hand.


Now for Mr Controlling...I mean T.I. 

The best bit about this song for me is the girl singing on the chorus. I am trying to be unbiased here, but whilst I’m sure T.I. really loves/missed his wife when she was gone, and some of the lyrics are sweet, for the most part It’s Bulls*it and seems like he just picked any remotely slow beat from one of his in-house producers cutting room floors and ran with it. He doesn't apologize once, disses Tiny’s close friends, and to me almost comes across as he’s blaming Tiny for his actions. 

However folk gon’ do what folk gon’ do, so I hope if they are trying to make it work, that it actually works, they get past it and Tiny is able to keep doing her like she has been of late.

From Micky With Love
x

No comments:

Post a Comment