Monday 19 May 2014

Fashion: Kimono, You Know You Want To!?!

The Kimono is a traditional garment worn in Japan, and the word  literally translates into "a thing to wear". 

Well I can tell you it is definitely my new “thing” to wear this summer!

The Kimono has been becoming fashionable for a little while, and now they’re EVERYWHERE! I myself am a proud owner of 3 (and counting) as they are so versatile and can serve as a cute cover up  or a glamorous addition to an otherwise casual outfit.

Here are just a few styles that I like which I found while surfing the net;


This beautiful tropical floral kimono is from Forever21 + and is one I own. For someone who loves wearing a lot of black, I am in love with the colours, and think I will be wearing it with my ripped blue jeans, a long white line vest and nude heels or gold sandals depending on the occasion. 

I also think it would be cute with the white crop top pictured on the model. Not sure I've got the guts (or maybe too much) to pull it off just yet though lol


We all love a bit of fringe, so I've chosen these two New Look Kimonos, which come in two different colours. These look pretty cool with a vest top and denim shorts


This nice orange floral Kimono is one that I'm hoping “Mrs Chocolate Orange” herself (Shay) will like. I'm trying to get away from black for the summer and I think this one will jazz up any outfit.


Last but not least, is this gorgeous looking black Kimono with a large cream and red orchid print detail. This one is the most expensive of the bunch, but I feel like it looks expensive too. This Kimono would give me a chance to revert to my all-black everything ways, adding some nice strappy or pointy pumps.

From Micky With Love

X

No comments:

Post a Comment