Friday 16 May 2014

Health & Fitness: BlockWorkout

So I’ve just started a new healthier lifestyle, and on my journey, I have been browsing Instagram fitness pages for inspiration. I have come across many, but one page that caught my eye was @MrBlockWorkOut, Terroll Lewis. 

A self professed ex-gangster who had no money to join a gym, so started training at his local park. Terroll started by posting a video on YouTube where he started to gain an increasing following, which has even seen  him appearing in films and having a show on Sky TV.

Terroll who today, is no doubt a positive influence in many peoples’ lives, along with his team, now offer free community sessions in Brockewell Park on Saturdays, where all fitness levels are welcome:

Times:
Ladies: 10:30AM-11:30AM
Guys: 12Noon - 2PM
Kids:  9:30-10:30AM 
Place:
Brockwell Park
(Waterlane Entrance)
Gravel Football Pitch
South London   
Price:
(Donations of £1 accepted) 

You can also Catch Block Workout at the Brixton Street Gym and become a member for £10 a month.

For more info visit:

Brixton Street Gym: 6 Somerleyton Road Brixton, London, SW9 8ND

Instagram: @MrBlockworkOut & @BrixtonStreetGym

I will definitely be popping down to one of the Saturday community sessions soon, so stay tuned (if I make it out alive!)

From Micky With Love

x

No comments:

Post a Comment