Monday 6 October 2014

Event Review: Camexpo 2014

 Camexpo is the UK’s dedicated event for natural and integrative healthcare professionals.
(Trade show only)


I have been going to Camexpo ever since my cousin (an alternative Health and Therapy Practitioner) told me about the show 5 years ago. The show has previously been held at Earls Court exhibition centre but recently moved to Kensignton Olympia.

Upon arrival I noticed the venue hall was much smaller and there were a lot less exhibitors but regardless, I was on a mission to stock up on as many natural and alternative products as possible and collect some items for family & friends....Let's just say by the end of the show I had two bags full of stuff and I couldn't stand up straight.

So what did I buy..for me?
  My first stop was to one of my favourite companies at Camexpo, Natural by Nature OilsI got some great deals on natural oils for my hair and skin. (I will be making a new hair oil mix soon, keep an eye out!) Next I went to Akoma Skincare and got an amazing deal on raw un-refined Shea Butter; 1KG for only £10.00!!!
I picked up as many as I could carry and headed over to Aromantic Ltd who didn't have much of a display but I did get some info leaflets about new products.
I then spent a few hours talking to therapists and gathering info about all kinds of things...from Colour Therapy to massage chairs.
My next stop was at Salty Lamps, a manufacturer of Himalayan Crystal Rock salt products, where I bought a large bag of Himalayan bath salt for only £6.00.

Next I went to find some nutritional aids so I headed to Aduna where I picked up so Moringa & Boabab powder which I will use to add some extra vitamins and nutrients to my meals and smoothies;

Moringa:
Natural multivitamin.
25% protein.
High in antioxidants.

One of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet, Aduna Moringa is a 100% organic green superfood made from the naturally-dried
leaf of the moringa tree. 
Highly prized for its medicinal properties by civilizations through the ages, the tree is drought -resistant and every part of it has a different use. It's no wonder they call it The Miracle Tree.


Baobab:
Packed with Vitamin C.
Rich source of Fibre.
High in Antioxidants.


Aduna Baobab is a 100% natural, nutrient-dense, raw wholefood. It is a rich source of vitamin C, calcium, potassium and thiamin. It is also almost 50% fibre and has one of the highest antioxidant capacities of any fruit in the world. There is no such thing as a baobab plantation; every tree is community-owned and wild harvested. It's no wonder we call it The Feel Good Fruit.


All in all a great day out and I am stocked up till next year....now to make all the creams, body butter, hair oils, skin oils...

If you want to go Camexpo next year or for more information check out their website


Stay Beautiful, Stay Blessed,

Shay x
  

1 comment:

  1. Can you do a review on Shea butter from akoma?

    ReplyDelete