Monday 27 October 2014

Event Review: MOBO Awards, 2014

I've not been the biggest fan of the MOBO's for a number of years but my cousin managed to get some tickets to this years ceremony so I thought why not....
Upon arrival everything seemed ok but, when we got to our seating area, were told our section was closed as there weren't enough tickets sold (surprise,surprise) so our seats were upgraded...we thought great!...Turns out that thought was wrong.
We were seated right next to the backstage area and could see that the show really is badly organised, thus it's reputation is in tatters and now I know why...
For an awards show which has been going for 19 years, the overall organisation, promotion etc should be on point by now and it's sad that it is not. There were hardly any guests, half of the nominees didn't show and most of the categories weren't announced.
There were so many cringe-worthy moments that I kind of felt embarrassed to even watch...I heard via TV it didn't come across any better either and it is a shame, as they have a great platform for up and coming UK talent. 
Not really much else to say about the MOBO's 2014 as I felt a little out of touch given that I knew of only a handful of the nominees and special guests. Not that I minded but sorry to say overall the show get's a 4/10 from me. 

COME BETTER!!!

Shay x

No comments:

Post a Comment