Tuesday 7 October 2014

New Music: Tamar Braxton Feat. Future - 'Let Me Know'

This morning at 12am US time, Tamar Braxton released  the first official single off of her 2nd studio album (3rd if you count the Christmas album, or umpteenth if you count her albums from previous record deals). 

First of all let me say Ms. Braxton is looking gawwjus on the single cover so shout out to her glam squad. Now on to the song...'Let Me Know', starts off with a sample of Aaliyah singing "let me know", which the older heads or lovers of that GOOD music in general know is originally taken from 'At Your Best' by the Isley Brothers which Aaliyah covered.

The song is mid to up tempo and still has that little summer vibe to it which will still have you bobbing your head in the winter, and lyrically Tamar is saying "Although we have some hard times, we have good times too, so whatever you need from me, let me know and I'ma do it, don't  you go looking nowhere else boo, I got you." I can't lie, when I saw the song had Future as a featured guest, I was a liiiittle disappointed because I don't think Tamar needs the 'all singing all rapping producer' to help her get a hit. Fortunately Future was a small feature; singing lil bits/accents strategically placed on the track. I don't know what you call it, but I don't think you could really call it a hook, so for that, Vincent n 'em is smoort (said like Aibileen in The Help). 

At the ending of the track Tay-Tay takes it there with some whistle register. (yass hunny) It's easy to forget she's got it like that, because we hardly hear it, but the only thing that bugs me is that you can tell it's the same note copied twice onto the track, so I wonder how that will work out live...Tamar PLEASE come to London, so I can find out for myself.

Take a listen here:



All in all, I think this is a good first single, however I love love looove Tamar for her ballads and I know the album will have some waiting for me.


Also, check out the review of YouTube blogger Ashley Miller, who's views somewhat mirror mine, but are probably whole a lot funnier - I died laughing and came back to life watching.

Lastly, a little birdie tells me Traci Braxton's album comes out today...Oops!!! I just hope there's no trouble at the Braxton HQ because of it.


From Micky With Love 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment