Friday 17 October 2014

Hair: Halo Braid Side Bun

Any Naturalista will tell you that the natural hair journey is not for the faint hearted.  
It's a lot of work to unlearn bad hair habits and get into routines/regimes. 
From the time it can take to clean your hair to the general patience of it all, it is a learning curve but an important part of the journey back to who you really are because there's nothing more saddening than not being able to look in the mirror and not loving your natural reflection....
All that being said there have been a number of times where one hairstyle has been my saving grace, my goto if you will.
I remember spending hours on a Bantu Knot Twistout only for it to go wrong and I'm on the way out. In my head I'm thinking "I have to start again...but I have to leave...I won’t go out".
Then this picture of Jada Pinket-Smith came to mind and I instantly got to work on my goto hairstyle the Halo Braid Side Bun.
I guess I'm lucky I can cainrow and have always had natural hair so this wasn't hard at all...(Thanks Mum and Nan xxx)
I started this look with an off side parting and used large sections of my hair to start the cainrow/cornrow, platting all the way around my head.
I then pinned the loose hair in a bun and in 20 minutess I was good to go :-D
 The Halo Braid Side Bun is a quick, easy, elegant hairstyle for any occasion. 

Let’s see yours..?

Shay x

No comments:

Post a Comment