Wednesday 8 October 2014

Hair: Winter Care Tips

 Winter can be pretty harsh on your hair and skin, especially in the rain and snow.
Every year I try and put my hair away in a protective style and keep my hair and skin as moisturised as possible...no one wants ashy skin and dry hair...not a good look!
For my winter haircare products I love to use shea butter, argan and avocado oil.
I find it keeps my hair moist, soft and flake free.
This could be because advocado oil is a lot thicker than my other oils and takes a little longer to be absorbed...but also because all of these are great for hair and skin care in general.
For my protective winter hairstyle I would chose one of the following styles and try to alternate every year so the edges of my hairline doesn't get weak.

Twist or Box braids


Twisted Updo 


Halo Braid Pin Up 


Cornrows/Canerows 


A curly, low maintainence Weave. 
  
For my winter hair accessories I love my headscarves, in a variety of styles and my loose slouchy knit hats;





 Stay Beautiful, Stay Blessed,

Shay x

No comments:

Post a Comment