Wednesday 5 March 2014

Food Review: Mama Leah's, Old Kent Road

 Address: 660 Old Kent Rd, London SE15
So on a lazy Saturday Shay and I, on a whim decided to go get some food and maybe something to drink. (Who am I kidding, of course something to drink!) So I suggested we go down to Mama Leah's on Old Kent Road.
 Mama Leahs is a relatively new restaurant, and is right different to anything around the Old Kent Road area. 
As we entered, in the same shoes, and very similar outfits (unplanned) we were greeted by red and black décor. 
The gorgeous waiters were quite welcoming, so we took our seats to have a look what was on offer (on the menu lol)

The menu was pretty small and quite limited if you are a vegetarian, vegan or pescatarian (or pest) 
like Shay, who only eats fish (Luv ya really :) 
I decided to go for the Sweet Chilli Prawns so that she could try some and Shay had the Mozzarella Dippers. Both tasted really nice,were full of flavour and the portion sizes were decent also. 
 
For mains, I went for Mama's Sweet Chops and Chicken, which came with Coleslaw, Plantain, and the choice of Fries or Rice. I chose the Fries.

Shay went for one of the only dishes she could eat which was Mama's Prawn Delight and Rice with Plantain. I think the prawns were very similar to the ones I had for the starter.

As I tried both mine and Shay's dishes, I can say that both were very nice.
We had a Mango Daiquiri each, which tasted nice, however there was hardly any Daiquiri (alcohol), so it tasted more like Mango juice with some type of clear spirit, but I love alcohol, any alcohol so I didn't really complain!

By the time it came down to Dessert we were stuffed like Christmas Turkey's, so had to take a rain check.
Next time I would definitely have a smaller meal so that I could taste one of the Waffles and one of the Alcoholic Milkshakes they have on offer.

The only minus would be that it took quite a long time for our orders to be taken, and for us to get the waiters attention in between. However they were quite attentive when they did come over.

Mama Leah's also has an area where they hold events sometimes, and I would say it was a nice local place to eat, whether it was for dinner, a bite to eat before going out, a drink, or a cool relaxed atmosphere for a first date.

Mama Leah knew exactly what she was doing when she hired those very handsome waiters too. I will be back!
 Shay's ratings for Mama Leah's ...
Food 6/10
Drinks 7/10
Atmosphere 7/10
Staff/Service 7/10

From Micky With Love

x

No comments:

Post a Comment