Wednesday 5 March 2014

Hair: My Top 3 Oils

***Now Hair This!***
We're all different and to be quite frank the most important part of hair/skin/nail care, health, growth etc is what you put into your body and not what goes on your scalp...for me!
The hundreds of products out there which promise growth and healthy 'Looking hair' are a load of crap....FOR ME!
Growing up I tried all the 'Growth' products out there and not one of them worked, including the pills and so called 'hair vitamins'...It wasn't till I started taking care of my body as a whole that I noticed a huge difference in my hairs health and length.


What works for me?
*Low maintenance and manipulation
*Protective styling (Twists/Braids or Short weaves)
*Water
*Diet (Greens, Almonds etc)
*Trimming the ends (when needed)
*Co-washing
*Silk/Satin scarves or pillow cases
*Moisturising!
This post is about what works for my hair and each of us have our own hair journeys and favourite products/tools to use which work for us soooo without further adieu, here are my TOP 3 Favourite oils for my hair!
In no particular order....
***Coconut oil*** 

What are the health benefits?



***Black Caster Oil***

What are the health benefits? 
Castor oil benefits the hair shaft by locking in moisture and the hair roots are nourished by essential fatty acids. With so many great benefits, it is no surprise that this oil is such a popular hair treatment.
Other castor oil benefits for the hair include:
Providing the minerals essential to grow strong hair
Supplying omega 6 essential fatty acids for healthy hair
Getting vitamin E where it is needed most
Strengthening the hair
Treating split ends
Helping to cure infections (it is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral)...

Source: Castoroil.org


***Organic Rosemary Oil*** 

What are the health benefits?
 A natural stimulant which can be used for indigestion, hair care (follicle stimulation), mouth care, boosting mental activity, stress relief and more...


*As with all products skins test and precautions are advised*

Stay Beautiful, Stay Blessed....
Shay 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment