Sunday 14 September 2014

Event Review: The National African & Caribbean Wedding Show

 Everyone has a little something up their sleeve, so to help nurture some of the things up my sleeve, K and I took a trip to the UK's first National African & Caribbean Wedding Show yesterday at Central Hall in Westminster.
 We arrived at around 12pm, to find less exhibitors than we first expected, and a few were missing even up until K and I were leaving at around 1pm. However there were a few good stalls, including the lovely ladies at Cyprus Destination Weddings, the lovely gentleman from Glow Wedding Films, who took the time to explain his special offers to us, Brides by Losners; who had a pretty display of bridal jewellery and catalogues of some of the elaborate wedding dress designs they carry, Simply Stylish Events with their gorgeous wedding stationary, and I can't forget the free cupcakes we bagged on our way out. (I didn't catch their name but the vanilla sponge cupcake was delicious).
My overall favourite thing, or person I should say was the very talented sista, Iyanna Monique, playing such songs as John Legend's 'All Of Me' so beautifully on the voilin at the entrance - seriously I think I'll be booking her for my big day whenever that is.
 Overall both K and I felt this could have been held in a bigger venue so there was more space to walk around, hold a lot more exhibitors, and be a bit better organised in terms of staff at the entrance, and the type and punctuality of some of the exhibitors.
 Since this was the first ever African Caribbean Wedding Show,  things can only get better from here, and certain challenges will iron out with more experience.
 From Micky with Love

x

No comments:

Post a Comment