Wednesday 24 September 2014

New Music: Mary J. Blige - 'Whole Damn Year' & 'Therapy'

 

Uploaded just yesterday to her official Vivo channel, are two brand new songs by The Queen Of Hip Hop Soul.

On the first track entitled 'Whole Damn Year' written by Emily Sandé, Mary takes us through an emotional roller coaster ride in relation to the seasons over the course of a year, which she explains is how long it has taken for her to heal and repair form a very bad relationship; 


While on the second track entitled 'Therapy' written by Ed Sheerhan, Mary then goes on to ask why she should sit and be miserable over something that isn't worth the time or energy when she could just go to therapy twice a day;


Production wise I think both songs have quite a sombre tone which works well in tandem with the lyrical content and even though I preferred 'Whole Damn Year' over 'Therapy' at first, the more I listen to the latter, the more I enjoy it just as much. 

I like Happy Mary so I hope she doesn't stay sad for too long but, in the meantime I can appreciate her giving it to us straight no chaser like only she can.

Both tracks are taken from Mary's forthcoming album 'The London Sessions' to be released 2nd December.

No comments:

Post a Comment