Tuesday 16 September 2014

New Music Video: Faith Evans Feat. Missy Elliot & Sharaya J - 'I Deserve It'

When I first previewed the video teaser for this song prior to the full length video release, my initial thought about it was 'it's just a little bit too all over the place'. However, after listening to it properly in it's entirety...I like it - alot!

First of all, it's great to see and hear two of my favorite 90's artists working together and secondly it really is a quality track. From Missy's production and one of a kind verse to Faith's Jazz inspired vocals and straight to the point lyrics, as she relates to the man trying to get her attention, that he better act right and be the best man he can be, because she is worth it and deserves it. (Preach!) The only thing I'm still undecided about is the feature of Sharaya J, as she sounds a little bit like Nicki Minaj to my ears but regardless, she holds her own.

Lastly, the video is a good match to the song and is both colourful and comedic, from the Coming To America style intro and Keke Wyatt's facial expressions to Ice JJ Fish really thinking he had a chance and Terrell Owens taking him out! LOL


'I Deserve It' is taken from Faith's forthcoming album 'Incomparable' which is due out on the 25th November.


No comments:

Post a Comment