Wednesday 17 September 2014

Honouring: Lauryn Hill - Thank You For The Music

 The first time I’d ever heard of Lauryn Hill I was in secondary school and as a singer Lauryn Hill was my go to artists whenever someone put me on the spot and said “Sing” in front of a class of about 30 students.
I was hooked from the first time I heard her music and saw her sing ‘His Eye Is On The Sparrow’ with Tanya Blount in the 1993 classic film 'Sister Act 2'.

WHY I LOVE LAURYN HILL!
Her style as a woman and mother, her effortless, passionate vocals, raw and conscious lyrical content…a true artists in every sense of the word!
Never scared to speak her truth and stand up for what she believes in.

Wife, Mother, Activist, Poet, Musician, Rapper, Producer, Actress…the list goes on!

The music business & industry definitely weren’t ready for you and they definitely don’t deserve you.

YES!!! I love Lauryn Hill!

Thank you for the music, for pouring out your soul in every song, saying what needs to be said and most of all...staying true to YOU!
Be sure to catch her in concert between 20th- 25th Sept.

For more info go to viagogo

Also a check her out in an intimate gig in Greenwich...see thisislocallondon.co.uk for more.

Stay Beautiful, Stay Blessed...Shay x

No comments:

Post a Comment